21 December, 2013

Movember

What a load of crap that they chose moustaches and November to promote men's health. Immediately, more than half of the population (women and children) can't take part! And what has a moustache got to do with health? Either you grow a moustache or you don't care about men's health, is that it?

Surely January would have been the best month to pick. Then you can call it Manuary. Once again, the clue's in the name - except this time, it's more obvious what the point is, and there's no gimmick that makes half of the population feel excluded from supporting and the other half egoistic with their "look at me, I'm a man, feel sorry for me because I'm part of a group who has health problems" fashion statement.

And after all that, did you learn anything about men's health in November? I know I didn't. Apart from the mental disability which is the craving for gimmicks, attention and childish pseudo-caring. But then, that affects the entire population.

Finally this year, I wish a Merry Arbitrary Mythological Event Taken from the Ancient Cultures and Cannibalised into Religion and a Happy New Arbitrary Point in the Solar Cycle to all of my one reader.

No comments: